Starting a New Project
New projects are launched on the Projects tab by clicking on a Project tile. Project tiles unlock custom features, styles, wizards, presets, and layouts custom suitable for the selected job.
Choose among the following options:
- Cards: single sheet projects. Create invitations, save-the-dates, or even use this format for posters or other one-sheet style projects.
- Generic Photo Album: Senior albums, family portraits, travel or portrait photography, baby books, any all-purpose album project. Use the album wizard to get images onto pages quickly.
- Proof book: use a customized wizard to get photos into labelled grids quickly for poof books or contact sheets.
- Wedding albums: Use this for special events requiring sophisticated styling. Use the album wizard to get images onto pages quickly.
Hover over a project tile, type a name for your new project, then create it. Next - setting up your page/product dimensions on the Settings tab....
Opening a Saved Project
Select Recent projects to view your last saved projects.
To navigate to a specific folder, click on the dropdown to select Explorer.
By default, your projects are saved to My Documents/Memento/Projects, but you can choose any folder on your system. If you don't recall where you saved your projects, search your file manager for .memento files.
Once you have located your saved project, hover over it, and click on the pencil icon to launch it in the Editor.
Duplicating a project
To repurpose a previous project, hover over a project tile to make a copy of it - click on the Duplicate icon. You can open the duplicate copy to edit it while keeping the original project in tact.
Deleting a project
Hover over a project tile to delete it - click on the Trash Can icon. It will be moved to your computer's recycle bin.
Viewing and Sorting Options
Change the size of the project thumbnail views by clicking on the icons in the top right corner.
Sort your projects by file date or file name.
Saving and Closing projects
Upon completing an editing session, click back on the Project tab to save and/or close your work.
Choose among three options:
- Save as a new project: rename your current project under a new name - to reversion your project while preserving an original saved version.
- Save and close: update the existing project and close it.
- Close without saving: lose any updates made to the project.