When you start a new project, you will see one of the following options depending on which workflow tile selected under Projects and what choices were made for page types under Settings.
To change the page preview size, use the thumbnail slider in the top right corner.
To add an extra blank page to your project, click on the + signs on either side of an existing page.
Adding photos layouts on your pages
There are three ways to build an album:
- timeline mode: divide your photos within the photo collection pane into page divisions, based on their time stamp. For a step-by-step review of timeline mode, consult the detailed article on this subject. This workflow is ideal for any event-based album, such as a wedding, ceremony, party, travel experience or any activity made up of a series of smaller events.
- album wizards: automatically create a multi-page sorted album into layouts. Two types of wizards are available - the photo book wizard (available for Wedding and General Photo Albums) and the proof book wizard. Wizards sorts photos into pages and layouts based on time/date, file name or ratings.
- manual drag-and-drop: pull images onto your pages directly from the collection pane.
Adding photos to your page
To manually add images to your page in the Book editor, drag one or more images from the collection pane to any page. It will apply the photo(s) into a random layout, or, if photos are already on the page, it will shuffle the layout to accommodate the new image.
- drag a single image to a page (empty or with other images)
- check mark multiple images, then drag one to add the group to your page
- hold the Ctrl key (Windows) to individually select images, then drag them to the page.
Images used on pages are flagged in the photo pane, green for a single use, orange for multiple uses.
By default, used images will not be displayed in the collection pane, to allow you to more easily focus on the unused images and to avoid accidentally adding the same image twice to your project. To view all photos in the collection, click on the Menu icon and deselect the Hide images used in project option.
Images added to pages appear in layouts. Layouts may auto-shuffled to see new arrangements. Hover over any page to access its controls.
Layouts may be shuffled on either the left or right side of the page, or on both sides at the same time, respecting the gutter or placing images over the gutter. If images are placed across the gutter layout, first reshuffle them to respect the gutter to enable per side shuffling.
Some controls will not be visible if your page thumbnail size is small. Increase the size of your page thumbnails to make all controls available.
Page Management options
To duplicate a page, hover over it then click on the Duplicate icon.
To reorder your pages, select a single page then drag it to a new position in the page order.
To delete a single page, hover over the page and click on the - icon.
To delete multiple pages, hold the Control key (Windows) then select individual pages. Click on the General icon to remove the selected pages.
Image Spacing options
Adjust spacing between images to individual pages in your book. First, change the spacing slider in the top right corner - 0 for no padding between adjacent images, up to a half inch. After changing the spacing, shuffle the layout on a page. The new layout will respect the new inter-image spacing size.
To open a page the Page Editor, select the page then click on the pencil icon.
Style presets bundle collections of attributes to apply to your pages - background color, feature vs regular frame attributes (borders, image filters, etc.), text (font, size, etc.), shapes, and style-sensitive decorations. Learn about Styles in detail.
Style presets are available on the left side pane.
To apply a style to all pages, click on it. If no individual pages are selected, you will be asked if you want to apply the style to all pages in your project.
In this example, the Champagne style has been applied to all pages in the project.
Apply a style to a selected page by checkmarking the page first, then click on the chosen style.
Continue to The Editor tab: The Page Editor...